I was born in Colonia del Sacramento. It's a beautiful historical and touristic place in Southwestern Uruguay.
In 2006 I moved to Montevideo (Uruguay's capital city) to study and work. I've been living here since then, leaving my family and friends in Colonia; however, I go there once a month.
I became an English teacher in December 2007 and I started working in a bi-national private English Institution Alianza Uruguay - Estados Unidos, where I've taught children, teens and adults, especially in basic and intermediate levels so far (A1 and 2, B1 and 2 in the Common European Framework).
I'm also studying Linguistics at the University, working as a volunteer in the Latin American NGO Techo and actively participating in activities of the Catholic Youth. Last year I was participating in a young "murga" (check out the link I added in the first paragraph), singing, but I had to stop doing it because I started to have problems in my vocal cords.
I live with my beautiful cat Mimi, which I adopted at the beginning of 2012 and I have a boyfriend called Mauricio.

Hi Diana- I can tell you have been busy with your life and busy making your blog. I enjoyed reading more about you and getting to see what you look like. Pictures help make the distance in DE less dramatic. -Robert
ReplyDeleteHi!!
DeleteThanks Robert. Yes, I've been quite busy and I've really enjoyed it!
Hello Diana,
ReplyDeleteDoes "mate" contain alcohol?
Hi Bernie: nop, "mate" doesn't contain alcohol. It's just yerba mate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate) and water. Usually, it has a bitter taste, but some people add sugar to drink it sweet. Others also include coffee beans, orange peel, or mint leaves. You can read more about it by clicking on the link I attached to the word "mate".
DeleteHello Diana, I am Rajinder from India. Yours is a very interesting and colorful blog and the icing on the cake is that you have loaded it with a lot of useful resources for teachers and learners. You seem to be an experienced blogger and there is much share and gain from your blogging experiences.
ReplyDeleteI am sharing with you a link www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnqxJ8I3pqk that shows our cultural dance "Bhangra". Enjoy!
Best wishes,
Rajinder
Hi Rajinder!
DeleteActually, I'm not that experienced, in fact, if you read my reflections you'll see this is my first time creating a blog. I've just been trying things out; I just love technology :) and I know there's almost no mistake impossible to fix.
Thanks for the video! I really liked it! Their movements and coordination are amaizing!
Hello Diana,
ReplyDeleteI'm Egle form Lithuania. Thank you very much for your advice about posting - I'm really very new and I didn't have an idea about its steps for right posting. I also tried to to remove unsuccessful items, I did it, but I also removed your comment by accident:)
Best regards,
Egle
Egle! don't worry! I think trial and error is a very good way to learn, and the special condiment is patience :)
DeleteGreat that you don't give up when facing a challenge; that's the best attitude towards learning, as we know as teachers.