Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Week 7: Reflections



This week was a total mixture of feelings...
At first I was really thrilled at the opportunity of looking for and finding my partners for peer reading! It was a great pleasure to form a group together with Ildikó and Ahn Hye Yeon. The three of us happen to have similar projects so I guess this will be an advantage for us, because we may be able to come up with more concrete pieces of advice.

It was amaizing to keep reading about the teacching experiences of my classmates all around the world. I can't avoid having great admiration for those who teach large classes and still manage to include webskills in their lessons. Way to go! Here's an interesting article about The One Computer Classroom topic, go to the links embeded at the end of it, you'll some thought-provoking information.

Later on, technology played a little dirty trick on us and we were unable to to fulfill the tasks for the week. This made me feel kind of frustrated because I really don't like when I can't accomplish my objectives, but I know we don't have to rely entirely on technology; we can't let it rule our lives =)
I'm glad Robert thought about a plan B and this new week we'll be using a different tool to interact. I'm sure this will help us include another resource to our huge list of technological devices. Although I already know Google Groups, I don't close the door to new knowledge I may acquire this week thanks to my colleagues and the instructor.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diana,

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    Its true this week has been quite thrilling and thralling. Technology has its own pluses and minuses as it is after all created by human being and certain things are still out of control and hence we have to be ready with plan B. I also join you in expressing gratitude to Robert.

    Tushar
    India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diana,

    I also found this week a special one comparing it to the previous ones, as we had to cooperate with one of our classmates. Thus this week was more personalized. It was very interesting and thrilling as you wrote. The opportunity that we could have a glimpse into the work of others was very interesting, though I was also excited how my projcet would be assessed.
    Yes, I also share your thoughts that online lessons have their advantages and disadvantages as well. One thing is sure, things look like easy, but one should prepare for it very well to work properly.

    Good luck for your project writing,
    Csilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Diana,
    I am also happy to become a group with you:) Thank you for your detailed comments on my project plan. I am impressed with your project report since we have similar target students but different target goals.
    I agree that it is difficult to deal with unexpected problems with technology. Especially In the one computer-based classroom, a teacher will take place in an embarrassed situation if the computer comes to abrupt halt. In that point, we've learned a lot from this course about various technology and also plan Bs.

    Thanks,
    Hyeyeon

    ReplyDelete